Thursday, May 31, 2007

Another long night.....of drinking....ugh.

Yes, it's nearly midnight and I'm writing my blog intoxicated once again. It el supremo de NM's fault once again due to a combination of events: he took me out for a great dinner last night with his family, we had a breakfast meeting this morning where we ate too much food which led me to eating only an apple for lunch before heading over to Just Grapes for wine tasting at 4:30. Nothing but wine and crackers for 2 1/2 hours!! Not ideal. More food and booze at Alhambra idea courtesy of Ricardo. I love Ricardo and his wife so them with el supremo and the boss of Ricardo's wife made it a great evening!!

While drinking at Just Grapes, I started setting aside bottles of wine that I liked. At the end of the evening, I had a case of wine. Since it was all on sale though, 12 bottles cost me $110 including tax. Not bad!!! Tonight was the first time that I really bought wines at Just Grapes. Normally I just drink and eat crackers!

Still no Cicadas. Damn them all!!

Ummmmmm, what else? I thought I had other ideas, but I'm drawing blanks. Tomorrow I have to get up early and take el supremo to the airport, then a client invited me to the Cubs game. If I'm still away, Alexis (from Amsterdam) will be up in Lincoln Square for German May Fest. Saturday is a softball tournament and Sunday is golf at 6:45!!! Yikes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Being a member of a race that has been blamed for just about everything, it is no surprise that Lakeview feels the necessity to pass off responsibility for his drinking. However, I believe that any objective content analysis of "Hanging with Joe" would find that the level of alcohol consumption does not correlate to anything other than the author's personal style.