Thursday, May 10, 2007

Arrived safely in Sarasota

It's now 1 a.m. in Sarasota and I'm in the lobby writing my blog. Is that dedication or what??

This town was absolutely DEAD tonight. Granted, it was a Wednesday night, but at 9:00 there should be more than one or two people out per bar. That's ridiculous. Seems like they all congregated around one location which is where the groom and four of us arrived, only to see the bride and one of her friends sitting at the same establishment. Not ideal, especially since the friend of the bride and I had gone out a couple of times on what turned out to be pointless dates. I'm totally fine with it, but she appeared to be uncomfortable, which then made me feel uncomfortable. Fortunately they left shortly after we arrived.....hopefully for better environs.

Had a smooth trip down here which included being on the same flight as a muckety-muck from Morningstar, my previous employer. Actually, the wife of this M-M worked for me directly for a few years and I attended their wedding. It was good to catch up, even if for just a few minutes. Once on the 1/4 full plane, I put in my ear phones and turned on SCTV on my DVD player. Funny stuff.

We're actually on Lido Caye, an island outside Sarasota. From what I can tell thus far, they feel that's justification for incredibly high priced.....everything! C'mon people, it's not like you need a passport to get to the island! There's a Whole Foods like 10 minutes away on the mainland. Puhlease. Don't tell my you need to charge higher prices because you're on an island. That's just crap.

3 comments:

alexis said...

hahahah! from the whole foods comment I see my dad's perhaps had a little influence. Too bad about the weirdness with the lady, that's always a bit annoying.

Anonymous said...

well of course it was dead at 9:00, you're in Sarasota there's like a 1000 old people moving there each day. You know to get the aarp discount you have to get to the restaurant early, a couple games of bingo and back to bed by 8:30. Being retired yourself i thought you would have picked up on that.

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

I must have jinxed Whole Foods by mentioning them here. Down 10% today!! Ugh.

The restaurant we went to last night had a discounted menu between 5 and 5:45. Freaking hysterical.

I'm retired....but active!!! These freaking people are comatose.