Tuesday, March 01, 2011

The Prognosticator

It's been a few years since I first wrote about Adesso, but not too long since my follow up entry calling for it's demise before this past winter. The other day, while I was in Phoenix, LL went by and saw that it's closed! You can't put one past ol'Joe.

However, the place across the street, Nabo's, has been closed due to multiple health violations. And yes, I've eaten there probably a hundred times. Guess it's not REALLY that hard to put one past ol'Joe.

Tonight ESNDM is in town and we went back to what is becoming a favorite on the list of great restaurants in Chicago: Sun Wah. It's great Chinese food, especially the duck dishes, but they had some outstanding food in general from the shrimp stuffed eggplant (yes it's possible) to BBQ duck (though we had roasted duck) to duck and shrimp dumpling soup. Yum!!

2 comments:

terri said...

So I clicked on the link to your first post about Addesso and the lasagna looked amazing! Too bad things went downhill and they closed.

alexis said...

sigh - just had chinese but now I am craving it again!