Friday, March 04, 2011

Gastronomic events

Last night was a gastronomical event, what's become synonymous with ESDNM. We went to Sapori Trattoria for a fixed price....the only word I can use is smorgasbord. More on that later.

Tuesday we went to Sun Wah, a Chinese barbecue place with great food in large quantities for not a lot of money. Possibly the most amazing thing is that they have Goose Island Matilda beer, 22 oz, for $6.50. It goes for $8 a bottle at the store!!!



Anyway, here's a picture of the food from that meal. Bbq pork, roasted duck, shrimp stuffed eggplant and duck and pork with shrimp stuffed dumplings. Yum!!! It was all great, but the eggplant was pretty phenomenal.













On to our experience last night. It started at 7 and there was room for 38 people. We were fortunate enough to get 3 of the last 6 spots available and had to reserve ahead of time. The food was outstanding and the wine was constantly flowing. With every move from section to section of the menu, we had a new wine from the same vineyard that I believe the owner said had 1,000 year old vines which his family has harvested for the last 160 years. Wow.




Here's the menu. The pumpkin pasta was unbelievable and the tri-meat ragu was cooked for 18 hours!! The meat dishes were fantastic too....fall of the bone tender and just delicious.









Even the table was set up nicely, complete with rose petals. The good thing about having three people (ESDNM, LL and me) was that they brought servings for four!! Boy did we eat though.....probably a bit too much.

3 comments:

el supremo de nm said...

I have to thank Lovely Laura for becoming a force of gastronomic good in the Lakeview household. It's great to have an inside agent.

Bwahahahahahaha!

terri said...

I just read de-I's post about the same event. Having read both perspectives, I almost feel as if I were there. I'm full now. And a little tipsy, I think.

alexis said...

good lord I see now why you have to go to the gym so much. :) But it does a body good every once in a while, right?