Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Running Day

For some reason, for the last few months, I've been waking up around 5 a.m. or 5:30 or 6:00. Now, I have some theories, or at least one, which is that I'm hearing a neighbor's alarm. Normally I'm able to go back to sleep. This morning though I woke up early and was wide awake. So instead of laying in bed until I fell back asleep, I popped out of bed and started the day.

Tell you what, you get up an hour or two earlier than normal and it can really mess with your day! I was hungry for lunch earlier than normal, hungry for dinner early and ready for bed (now!) earlier than normal. Though maybe it was my 3 mile run this afternoon that got me tired.

The early rising did not dissuade us from trying to make the peanut shrimp stir fry dish from class last week. Though the dish actually doesn't have much stir fry going on (just the shrimp, which were actually pre-cooked anyway), it was a huge success!! Soooooo tasty. And the sauce and veggies can be mixed with chicken or beef very, very easily. The sauce is easy to make too, so it's going to be in the repertoire for some time.

2 comments:

el supremo de nm said...

Hah! First it's getting you to start cooking - Then European travel - Now you're getting up early. I'll have you completely subverted before too long :)

terri said...

The early rising messed with you because it's doesn't come naturally to you. It does to me and I tend to go to bed early compared to many. The times I've tried to do the night-owl thing, I just can't manage it. I get tired by 10:00 pm unless I'm out doing something fun.