Monday, March 07, 2011

Pleasant interruption

Today was a typical Monday, though I had an earlier start than I normally do on a Monday (especially following a Bears game!). It was sort of rolling around and included getting my haircut, but there was still much to do including cooking ribs and going to the gym (annnnnddd there was some work I needed to do as well).

Butttt, I got a call from Naperville Greg and Kleveland Kim telling me they were in the hood! KK was getting her taxes done, so NG came over and we hung out. Actually, the ribs couldn't wait so I had to apply the rub and get them started, especially since there's a 4 hour cook time! So anyway, NG and I caught up and when KK was done, we picked her up and got some coffee. It was a great break and fun to catch up. What great folks. Annnnnd I was still able to make the ribs and hit the gym. Work? Well, that's going to have to come tomorrow.

LL wanted a public correction on my comment about Lent being a catholic thing. Lent is for all Christians, but they celebrate it or experience differently. Noted.

4 comments:

alexis said...

I like your prioritization - friends, food, gym, work... Oh wait, no time for work, then that gets cut from the menu. :)

2006 Boundary Waters Canoe Trip said...

It looks like your 'n' key is sticking. Maybe your 'd' key, too. Perhaps you need to get your keyboard fixed?

terri said...

I thought Lent was a Catholic thing too. Forty days of fish and all that.

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

Excellent point Alexis! I like that ranking.