Wednesday, March 09, 2011

Ash Wednesday

Today was a pretty busy day. As the first day of Lent, I went to a noon mass at a church downtown called Old St. Pat's which caters to working folks and some high rise residencies in the area. Mass was packed and good, as usual. It's a nice church.

So in the morning I was working and got done the big task I needed to get done. So after church I was able to do a little more work and then hit the gym to accomplish my "fasting" for Lent. Instead of giving something up, I usually try to DO something to better myself. This year, in addition to going to mass more often, I'm giving up some free time and hitting the gym specifically to run. Today I hopped right in with three miles in thirty minutes, well just under three miles actually and then walked for three minutes or so to finish up the three miles. It was a good workout!

A big congratulations to my buddy JC and his wife Carol who is pregnant!! While I'm very happy for them both, it means Carol won't be able to fly down to Puerto Rico for the wedding. Boo. That's ok, we'll hang out leading up to it I'm sure.

4 comments:

el supremo de nm said...

Wait a minute, don't you promise to go to mass more often every Lent?

alexis said...

congrats to Carol, how far along are they?

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

Yes I do ESDNM. And though it should bring lasting change, it doesn't. 8:30 mass is just tough for me to get to.

Alexis, they said they would be 8 months along in August, so I'm guessing it was Jan/Febish.

terri said...

I think doing something more... as opposed to giving something up for lent is definitely more meaningful.