Sunday, March 13, 2011

Worst day of the year, that turned out not so bad

Time change. Love the fall, hate the spring. In my mind, the spring-forward day is the worst of the year. You get up in the morning and you think it's 8,9 or 10, but it's really an hour later. It sucks. Messes up the entire day....except this year. It was 10:30 before I even got out of bed this morning after being up late watching Due Date, drinking some wine with LL and taking some Benadryl before bed; that shit will knock you out! Anyway, shower, shave and coffee before starting on breakfast of the high protein variety. But by now it's what, almost 1 or something and the Blackhawks started at 11:30 (we dvr'ed the game to avoid commercials). So we watched the game, they lost in overtime to the Capitals, but we got a much needed point on the road as we tied it with about 30 seconds left.

Then I finished watching Dave, an Eddie Murphy movie, stupid, but it had me watching for some reason....mostly because I haven't seen it all the way through. Then off to the gym for a mediocre workout. Of course I didn't think it would be mediocre going in, but it turned out as such, though I did about 15 different exercises, my strength wasn't what I hoped. I'll try again on Wednesday I think. By the time I got home, it was almost 5:30. Shit, where did the day go???

We made a quick decision to go to Pequod's Pizza for dinner (best pizza on the planet, I'm not even kidding you) and see another fun movie, Hall Pass. It was almost 10 by the time we got home so it's write the blog and off to bed.

All-in-all, a pretty good worst day of the year.

3 comments:

alexis said...

I like that you already have a worst day of the year planned in each year.

Bee said...

Who the hell is Eddie Murray? I know he isn't in Dave.....

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

Doh!! You're Bee. Eddie Murphy. Eddie Murray is a hall of fame baseball player.