Tuesday, March 08, 2011

Christmas Cards (a little late)

Today I found some mail that my cleaning lady "hid". She's got this habit of stacking...well, anything that can be stacked and some stuff that can't be stacked....like shoes. Anyway, she stacked my mail UNDERNEATH a magazine, so there was a letter and a bill that I haven't open in over a week. Argh.

One of those letters was from my parents with my acknowledgement (alright, OUR acknowledgement even though we all know who picked out the card!) for winning the card picking contest with the best Christmas card of 2010. It reminded me that I haven't posted my favorite cards of the year, so here they are:





This card has some three dimensional-ness to it that you probably can't see in the scanned version. It's from Bill the Bear and Nadine...his...long time companion? They've been together for like 10 years or something and live together but aren't married and aren't planning on it.













You just gotta love a snuggly dog right? That's just cute. This card was from my buddy Joisey Ken's mother-in-law Vicki, whom I've met several times, including at Ken's wedding and she's just a great person.










This one is MUCH cooler in person due to the sparkely snow on the path and the fence posts. Very cool. It was sent to me by Wisconsin friends of mine, Gherud and Tracy. Nicely done.







And the winner this year, from Naperville Greg and Kleveland Kim, this deer card! The ornaments dangling from the antlers are really little stones on the card itself and are very cool. There's a back story too because Greg, a hunter, shot a buck in December and was pretty jacked about it. Lots of good meat, or so I've heard, was taken from the kill. Ahem. AHEM! Maybe some will find it's way to me.

2 comments:

alexis said...

oh, that is a cool card! I don't seem to be able to open the images to see a bigger version but I imagine that's a temporary browser thing.

terri said...

Great cards! My favorite is the one from the Wisconsin friends.