Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Happy Birthday to Me!

This one snuck up on me. Normally I have plans set and all sorts of fun ready to go for my birthday, but not this year. Too much going on: the wedding, a trip to Europe, a trip to Puerto Rico, a softball tournament, work, just too much going on. It's a big one too: 4-5. Interesting how a birthday can just sneak up on you like that.

Other things are occupying my mind as well. This time of year leads to a lot of cash expenditures and moving money around....large sums of money. Being self employed, I make my Individual 401k contribution and SEP IRA contributions, pay estimated taxes for this year and my final tax payment for last year! Toss in a $7,000 bill from the Bears for season tickets and it's an expensive spring. Oh AND I'm buying into a company, so that's another cash use. None of it is necessarily bad or unexpected, but it's just a cash crunch that forces me to think about my asset deployment, which is probably also a good thing.

Dinner tonight is Indian food up on Devon with LL! It's a BYOB called Hema's Kitchen. Looking forward to it!!

4 comments:

alexis said...

happy birthday!!! Hema's kitchen is supposed to be very good, I am glad to hear they are still around.

do you do your own taxes? I find them very challenging, sounds like yours might be even moreso.

terri said...

Happy Birthday! And let me just take this occasion to point out that you are OLDER than me... by a WHOLE 8 months!

(Sorry. You have to find the little ways to eek a little joy out of your days at my age.)

Seriously... Happy Birthday and have fun!

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

I do indeed do my own taxes Alexis, with the help of Turbo Tax.

I've always thought you were a bit immature Terri. Ha!!

el supremo de nm said...

Happy Birthday old man :)

You're doing more travel that me this month!

Well Alexis, he is trained CPA.