Thursday, March 17, 2011

Rib competition

Today was sort of a hectic day as I did some work and then had a chiropractor appointment and deep tissue, painful massage. See, if I just said I had a massage, you'd be thinking it was a relaxing event. But it wasn't. More often than not, the muscles the masseuse was working, which were tight from over exertion the night before at softball practice, hurt like a bastard. I was really thankful when the massage was over. However, it did make my lower back feel more loose, which is important for this weekend in Cincinnati.

My original plan, as I mentioned yesterday, was to go to a bar and drink all afternoon and watch basketball. Unfortunately, that didn't happen so I ended up going to the gym in the afternoon. Before I left though I put two racks of ribs in the oven. After a decent workout, I came home, flipped the ribs, walked the dog and then headed out to meet Ricardo and wife for a drink at a local pub. One turned into two, but then I took off and came home to finish the ribs.

And boy were they delicious again. This time I cooked two racks, one St. Louis spare ribs and one back ribs. Both were awesome, but we decided we like the St. Louis ribs better. Since there isn't a price difference (usually), I'll stick with the St. Louis ribs in the future. Yum!!

3 comments:

alexis said...

wow! you are turning into quite the chef. I know you were cooking for yourself before, but there is something about someone around to cook for that really brings out the inspiration.

el supremo de nm said...

I know hard to believe how much cooking Joe is actually doing. I take it that Ricardo is off of his alcohol free period.

Play well!

terri said...

You're getting to be quite a rib expert! They sound delicious!