Monday, March 21, 2011

Doing my taxes....

...so all you get today are some pictures.



A picture of the leftover ribs from late last week. I sent the picture to Ricardo and wife Jodi so they could see why I left them in the bar on St. Paddy's Day. Two kinds of ribs, both were delicious. It took a lot of willpower to keep from eating both racks!!





While in Cincy for the weekend, I decided to seek out their finest ribs. After searching around the web and asking at the softball field, I came up with Montgomery Inn Ribs. Since there was an hour wait for a table at 8:00 on Saturday night and since they have four or five locations in two states, it seemed like a good choice. As I was by myself, I didn't have to wait for a table and just strolled into the bar where I could order and watch the basketball games.



Here's the very welcoming sign. They've been around for a while, 60 years! Apparently you can get their sauce in jars at various stores in the south (one guy said Costco).















And here was my partial rack order for $20. The ribs themselves were good. They came off the bone fairly well, but mine are juicier, meatier and fall off the bone better.

Their sauce is just way too thick and tomatoey. I don't have my own sauce, I use Sweet Baby Ray's, but have found that many sauces are either too thick or too watery. SBR's got it right!


Guess I couldn't help myself and had to write something.

6 comments:

alexis said...

Granted this place didn't measure up but I am sure many places do. So why go to all that effort to make ribs when surely there is someplace that can make it just as well as you do -- oh, wait, didn't someone make that same argument about my making pizza and ice cream? Hmmmm......

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

Actually I haven't found a place yet that DOES measure up to my ribs! When I do, then I'll accept your home-made pizza argument! And ice cream?? C'mon, you can't make birthday cake or pralines and cream as good as the big guys!!

el supremo de nm said...

I really do like ribs but I am not a fan of barbecue sauce because they almost always are too sweet for me.

alexis said...

joe, is there a birthday cake ice cream??? sounds good!

maybe i will have to make you ice cream when you are in Amsterdam and settle this once and for all...

terri said...

Sweet Baby Ray's is the absolute BEST sauce there is. I use it on everything that calls for barbecue sauce.

I might actually have to give this rib thing a try.

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

Yep Alexis, there is indeed birthday cake ice cream....and it tastes exactly like you're eating birthday cake. It's crazy. And I've had homemade ice cream and even made it as a kid. Many different flavors and everything, but it's just not as good as what you can buy from a good ice cream store.