Sunday, March 06, 2011

Some wedding progress

Oh how I needed another day this weekend. I'm beat!

Some wedding progress was made this weekend with the signing of our contract with the hotel in San Juan, Puerto Rico and we emailed out our "save the date" postcards. Yep, we emailed them. Soooo much easier. It contained a nice picture of us and the relevant info that we know at this point. We also set up an email account just for the wedding responses and such. We'll send out regular invitations I imagine, but I'm not licking the envelopes (for you Seinfeld fans).

Not much in the way of revelations to write about today. Next week starts Lent for Catholics and it's a time of year that I actually look forward to, except for the fasting from meat on Fridays. During the week I'll go to church at least once and try my best to follow the fasting rules. I flip the giving something up for Lent theme around and try to do more positive stuff instead. If there's a particular bad habit that I think I could do without, I'll ponder giving it up, but usually it's doing something positive. Other than going to church during the week, I'm not sure what the action might be this year. There are still a few days to figure it out, but even if I think of something well into Lent, just the act of making a positive change for any period of time is good.

Hope everyone had a great weekend!

3 comments:

alexis said...

oooooo Puerto Rico!! Nice and sunny, good choice.

el supremo de nm said...

So you're giving up verbally beating up on your partner for Lent????

:)

terri said...

Emailing the "save-the-date" cards was a great idea! Seriously, everything is so electronic these days, I often forget to check the actual mailbox. There's so rarely anything important in there!