Monday, February 28, 2011

Soooo sore

Boy, I thought I was sore yesterday (and I was), but today it's a little worse and the plane ride didn't do anything to help. Oddly, my shins hurt a bit and so does the arch on my left foot. It's the first time that I can remember for those two things.

While we want to go to AZ and play games and win, six in one day and five in a row without a break starting at 8:00 a.m. is a bit much. Fortunately it was overcast all day so we didn't have to deal with sunburn or severe dehydration.
This pic is of the sunrise. Yeah, sunRISE. Ugh.


My entry from Saturday summed up the softball day, 4-2 with one hour off over a seven hour span. After starting 6-6, I went 5-14 to hit .550 on the day. In the last game the shortstop made a nice play on a ball I hit up the middle otherwise I would have hit .600, which is sort of a benchmark for me. Not bad for the first tournament of the year.

Thursday and Friday we went golfing though and played a course on Friday called The Stadium, which is a TPC course and where they held a pro tournament just three weeks ago. Here's a look at the famous Stadium Hole par 3.





I guess it takes 2 months plus to take down the stands that encircle the hole. Pretty cool.











I really liked the little cactus. Cacti? The little spikey things.











Here I am on the picturesque par 5 15th hole. It was a great weather day and a beautiful course. The temps were in the 60's, so I opted for a long sleeve shirt under my golf shirt.
















This rock is famously called Tiger's Rock. His ball was behind the rock and he solicited the help of the gallery to dig it up and move it. They have since changed the rules on moving "loose impediments" to limit it to you and your caddy.









Look at this beautiful fairway and hole!




















I just thought this was a cool picture.













The very nice sunset.

3 comments:

alexis said...

I am envious of the sun and warm weather but not the golf :)

el supremo de nm said...

Like the sunset shot - nice. Nothing worse for the ole bod than a long airplane ride after mucho exercise.

terri said...

Great pictures!

Hope your aches and pains heal up soon.