Monday, February 07, 2011

Super Bowl.....yech.

Had a fine gathering over for the Super Bowl yesterday, 15 folks altogether. There was plenty of food, but not a ton of leftovers. Plenty to drink, but less than a 12 pack left at the end of the day. Excellent! Here's a picture of the gathering with the overhead lights on so the picture would turn out. It doesn't look like I got everyone in the picture, but let's see if I point folks out: left to right, my neighbor Emily (her husband Henning was just left of the photo I think), Ricardo in the back, Smitty next to the sofa and his wife Beth next to him on the sofa, Nadine (wife of Bill the Bear) in the back and it looks like Bill was upstairs on a beer run, JC next to Beth on the sofa and his wife Carol was gone too, then Kleveland Kim and Naperville Greg on the sofa on the right. Fun times, but I'm moving slow today!

And boo Green Bay. I've said it before and said it yesterday too, Jordy Nelson is awful and if your defense can't cover him, you don't deserve to win. Aaron Rodgers was simply en fuego yesterday and for the final 6 games of the season. Just unstoppable.

Christina messed up the national anthem, the Black Eyed Peas were mediocre during halftime, the commercials were pretty uninspiring with only a few somewhat funny ones. Overall, meh.

But it all ended on a very happy note as 10 minutes after the game, someone suggested I check the squares numbers for the final score to see if any of us won. The pool is run by my softball team as a fundraiser and I think I sold the second most squares on the team and many of the people in attendance had squares. As I traced the numbers, 1 for Green Bay and 5 for Pittsburgh, I realized I had won!! $500!! Sweet. There are other squares that are winners as well and I had one of them for $200!! $700 bones!!! Laura had already won $150 on past playoff games so we did pretty well.

4 comments:

el supremo de nm said...

Like seeing Ricardo looking so somber in his first quarter sober state.

Bee said...

Grats to you!!!2 things about the game. one, you have to show up for the whole game, not just the second half and two the QB has to throw to his own team! oh and by the way, I will be winning card picking this weekend!Mwahaha!

alexis said...

I thought it was supposed to be about the football?

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

Two things Bee: 1) you have no shot on Sunday! Don't even bother showing up. 2) you're spot on about the Steelers. Ran the ball 23 times for 125 yards but you manage to turn it over 3 times?? Unacceptable.

Super Bowl Sunday is soooo much more than football Alexis!! More food is consumed on SB Sunday than any other day other than Thanksgiving!