Saturday, February 05, 2011

Snowy update

Good news!!! Finally yesterday, after I called the city 4 times for a collective 40 minutes, the car in front of our building was towed and the street was plowed! I'd like to think I had something to do with the towing, but since it happened about an hour after I called, me thinks my call was just overkill.

Better news!! After visiting the company who runs my parking lot (all three spaces in this particular "lot"), my lot was cleared of snow!! Yay!!! Unfortunately, the path to the street was NOT clear, so I bundled up, grabbed a shovel and headed out. Actually, I didn't know the lot was done, so I was going to clear that snow and then found out it was already done. Since the alley to the street wasn't done, I started working on that. Fortunately, the front loader that was clearing the lot across the street (and owned by the same people that run my lot) saw me and came over to clear the remaining snow. Nice!!

As I walked back home, I saw a neighbor and his wife clearing some snow from their driveway to the street. Since I was dressed for the job and these folks were nice, I went over and lent a hand. Interestingly enough, the husband (a big, burly guy but older) was all, "Oh no, we're fine. Almost done." But the wife kept saying,"Thank you! We'd love the help!" Too funny. They thanked me again today when I saw them. Good folks.

2 comments:

terri said...

Glad to hear your getting cleared out finally.

That is one nice thing about a big snow. It really does bring people together.

alexis said...

I wonder if that happens here - definitely not in the city.