Thursday, February 24, 2011

What a day

The morning alarm came ungodly early today: 5:00 a.m. The early hour was compounded by my lack of sleep, even though I went to bed at a relatively early hour (before 11). Just tossing and turning and thinking about getting up early and did I have everything or not. Ugh.

So I got up at 5 and was ready to leave the house by 5:30. LL was awesome enough to drive me to Midway. She's unbelievable!! That's why I love her.....or at least one of the reasons. My 7:15 flight to Phoenix left a little late and we got into Phoenix a little late, but overall a fairly painless trip.....oh yeah, except for the absolutely AWFUL movie I rented from Redbox and watched: Machete. You may think it was a hacker type movie, which it was, but it starred the likes of: Robert De Niro, Danny Trejo, Jessica Alba, Michelle Rodriguez, Cheech Marin, Don Johnson and Lindsay Lohan. Seriously! And the movie SUCKED!! You can see why I thought it would be worth a dollar though.

Brian the Pollack picked me up at the airport (he took an earlier flight so while I was arriving he went and rented our car). We headed straight to the golf course, thanks to me changing into my golf attire while waiting for my bags. The course, like most of Arizona, was pretty dry except for the fairways but played really nicely. We really enjoyed the course and ended up playing with a guy from Chicago and in fact near where Brian lives! Weird coincidence.

Not only was it my first round of the year, but I was also trying out three new clubs and a new putting stroke. Though I struggled with the distances on the clubs, my putting stroke, courtesy of a Phil Mickelson instructional DVD, was working really well. On the back nine holes, I only had 13 putts on my way to four over par. The front nine was more of a struggle, but it was mostly my new clubs going a lot further than I was expecting. It was a fun round and I shot 85 while Brian shot 87.

Tomorrow is a TPC course called The Stadium. The pros held a tournament there just last month, at least I think it was last month....well, recently at least.

5 comments:

alexis said...

I guess the weather was also good in AZ? And how early did your friend have to get up to get there before you to pick up the car???

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

Yep, weather is great mid 60's low 70's and sunny. He took the 6 a.m. flight so he had to be there by 5 at least. ugh.

terri said...

I'm a little jealous that you were in weather warm enough to go golfing. Sounds like a fun day. Enjoy your stay!

el supremo de nm said...

Is this for golf? I thought it was for softball?

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

It was indeed for softball, played 6 games today and went 4-2. I hit .550 which was ok. Phoenix in February though...you HAVE to golf!!!