Sunday, February 20, 2011

Cold has settled in

Two straight nights of little sleep for me as my cold has taken root. Ugh. Being sick sucks.

Last night though was a good night as my parents and LL's parents got to meet for the first time over dinner. We met up at White Fence Farm, a big restaurant specializing in fried chicken. Seven of us, including LL's sister, sat in a huge booth and chowed on chicken and corn fritters. Even though I was sick, my symptoms were under control with medication, so I didn't feel awful. Today though I feel much worse, probably due to another night of fitful sleep.

LL is staying out in Joliet with her folks as she goes through a weekend of wedding dress shopping. Since I've been up coughing and hacking all night, it's probably for the best. Here's hoping tomorrow brings some relief.

3 comments:

terri said...

The winter cold seems to be making the rounds again. Kacey has one too. Hope you feel better soon.

el supremo de nm said...

Hoping you feel better.

alexis said...

oh wow, families meeting for the first time! Is it different this time round, at a different, older point in your lives?