Thursday, February 03, 2011

Old Snow

The snow thing is getting old now. My car is still stuck in it's lot and the street in front of our house still has not been plowed. A car, with Arizona license plates, is still stuck in the middle of the street, preventing the city from plowing. The side street near the parking lots has been plowed once though, so except for a 5' berm of snow on each side, it's passable. LL's lot finally was plowed so I think she can get out if need be. Not so for me though. The people responsible for the lot, and several other properties in our area including lots and buildings, were out working all day and cleared away a big lot (mine only has 3 cars in it), so I'm hopeful that I'll be freed tomorrow.

Most of the sidewalks in the area have been cleared finally so walking around isn't too much of a problem. Sunday though is the Super Bowl and since I'm having people over, I need to go get supplies. Some of the stuff I can walk for (food) but other stuff (beer) is going to be too heavy to carry....oh wait, LL can drive me. Sweet!

So did you see The Social Network? Though I thought Jessie Eisenberg did an outstanding job, I was intrigued by another character...actually two: Tyler and Cameron Winklevoss, collectively the Winklevie. Turns out that the character twins were played by the same actor: Armie Hammer. Now I have to watch the movie again with my new found knowledge. One of my favorite lines was from one of the Winklevie: "I'm 6'4", 220 lbs and there's two of me." Outstanding.

3 comments:

el supremo de nm said...

Shoot and you can't even vote the mayor out because he's not running again!

terri said...

I remember what a PIA it was after we got 20 inches here in December. It took twice as long to get anywhere for at least a week afterwards. And you've got it so much worse there!

Hope you get all your party supplies... especially the beer. Just wouldn't be the same without beer!

alexis said...

they're not calling for more snow over the weekend are they??