Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Random Thoughts

The other day, just after the gym, I looked down at the odometer in my car and it said 111,333. Not significant in any other way other than an interesting number. The car continues to run well and I'm hopeful of getting another couple of years out of it, maybe to 150,000. I really like not having a car payment!!

February 4th, which was two weeks ago, has the most number of below zero days of any day all winter, at least in Chicago. Today it was 52! On February 4th here it was again close to zero, but probably closer to 10 degrees. Still, a nice two weeks which included two feet of snow!

Someone commented on Facebook about seeing a robin the other day. Some time ago I remember telling a buddy of mine that it's no big deal to see a robin in the winter because they stick around. Then I found out that they actually migrate south. Now I find out that while many migrate, many also don't. Seems kind of odd behavior for a bird. Shouldn't they do one or the other??

1 comment:

alexis said...

my dream is to own a car forever. I suppose that is a pipe dream but it would be nice.