Thursday, October 18, 2007

Nobody likes The Boss

In a stroke of luck and good karma, I've recently come into four tickets to see Bruce Springsteen at the United Center this Sunday. Obviously the first two tickets went to MWrigley and me, but who should we invite? Well, I happened upon the tickets through a buddy who is starting a money management business and needed an office temporarily and from time-to-time. At one point, while he was still working at Morningstar actually, I was helping him think through his alternatives and such. After he made the move to start the business, I let him know that we had an open desk in our office (with Ricardo) and that he could use it for a while and if he became successful and used it often, then he could pay some rent. He came upon these tickets and offered them to me as gratitude and quasi-rent.

So of course I invited Ricardo and his wife first since he's obviously involved in the office space decision as well. But they are going to be in Wisconsin at their house up there and can't make it. Up next, my buddy Joe who got married down in Sarasota in May, which I attended. He and his wife Kendra have a young Boxer dog which has recently had some heart trouble, so I thought they might like a night out. Nope. No good excuse either really. They just want a weekend at home after 4 days in the ICU at a Vet's last weekend and a trip next weekend. I guess that's a good excuse in the end.

Next up were a couple who were friends of MWrigley. The relatively newly pregnant wife was all about it and very excited. They had tried to get tickets, but found them too expensive. Perfect right? Nope. The hubby has to fly out early Monday morning and he reminded her that she gets tired and pissy around 9:30 at night anyway. Very funny.

One more invitation was sent out tonight, this time to Terry and Sandie who I know love concerts and they invite me to their Memorial Day party every year down in Mokena.

Who is up next if they don't accept?? You?? Maybe.

8 comments:

stef said...

I have a feeling I am somewhere near the bottom of the list...

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

That's not true Stef! I even thought about you and hubby and how pissed el supremo would be if you got to meet MWrigley before he did!!

It's all moot though as Terry and Sandie did accept this morning.

Anonymous said...

WHAT AM I -- CHOPPED LIVER?!?!?

That's ok, I wouldn't go with you anyway.

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

Yes, you are chopped liver! It's a quasi date thing and I don't know if you're seeing anyone at this point and I've certainly not MET them. Plus it's wayyyyy to early for you to have exposure to MWrigley. You're a 6-9 month down the road introduction. :-)

Anonymous said...

Sheite, Joe. I'm dating -- I told you about that when we were at the Hamburger King and I was the only one having a burger. I also told you that at Brody's the previous night.

But if you want to go around asking anyone from another area code who just happened to share a sandwich with you once, go ahead.

I won't be hurt. I wouldn't go with you anyway.

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

First off, I don't think you said there was ONE woman that you were dating. Second, I still haven't met her if there is! I'm not going to double date with that many variables at Springsteen. That's plum silly.

Anonymous said...

Oh so now it isn't just a "quasi date thing," but a thing that requires some sort of monogamous commitment? Sorry I missed the fine print.

What's worse - you're playing the "woe is me, I can't find anyone to go" line. WTF?

At first, I simply felt accidentally slighted; now I'm beginning to think I'm being actively snubbed!

Anonymous said...

God I love it when the Lakeview blog degenerates into name calling.