Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Test of wellness? Eat Chili

Good news today as my appetite returned and there were no races for the bathroom. After my regular breakfast of cereal and coffee, I decided to be a little adventurous with lunch. No, I didn't want to go ALL THE WAY to the preservative laden Lean Cuisine lunch, but I felt homemade chili was a reasonable test. Reasonable and delicious!! And delicious it was. Plus I passed my test with flying colors, even allowing myself a few Ruffles potato chips. Mmmmmmmm.

Dinner was shared with MWrigley (first time we've seen each other in almost 5 days) at her abode where leftover pizza and her homemade soup (chicken with a ricey-like pasta). Again no stomach problems to report. Yay for me!!!

Many of you know I play in a fantasy football league, which I run also, but you may not know that I'm also in a confidence pool. A confidence pool is pretty typical in offices around the country where you pick who you think will be the winner of each NFL game for a weekend and assign them a ranking from most confident (16 in a full schedule weekend) to 1 for the least confident. If you pick the winner, you get the number of points that you assigned to the game. The person with the most points wins. Since I had the flu (or whatever it was) I wasn't really checking on who I picked or how I was doing. As it turns out, I won!! Whoo-hoo!!

Eating chili and winning on football!! Not a bad day!

2 comments:

stef said...

glad you are feeling better. tummy illnesses are the worst.

Anonymous said...

HE'S ALIVE! (I think this is a good thing)