Monday, October 08, 2007

Bears win and Joe called it!!

MWrigley, as you might have guessed, works for the Wrigley company. By her front door is a bowl full of gum, mints and the like. I thought that was a nice thing to have and wondered what I could put by my front door. Maybe one page reports on mutual funds that I'm currently recommending or a list of them altogether. Can you see this stack of paper by my door:
"Oh, can I have one of these?"
"Sure, take the Dodge & Cox International fund....it's spicy."

Follow up to my prostitution sighting/solicitation. Katie, who lives up in the area of solicitation, followed up with an email to me relating this info:

The prostitute that approached your car was probably at the bus stop at Belle Plaine and Broadway. This woman is over 50 years old and she used to get around via walker but now the social service agency that works with her gave her a wheel chair. Somehow she stays in business – we’ve actually seen people solicit her, how sad is that... I think her name is Sue and I’ve heard that she used to be a nun before she started living on the streets.

Now, this was NOT the prostitute that approached me (mine was actually fairly young looking) but I thought the info was funny/sad/noteworthy anyway.

Today I head off with Ricardo to visit el supremo in Albuquerque. When I come back on Thursday, I'll just enough time to do laundry before Joisey Ken comes into town on Friday. Should be fun as always!!

(sports themed entry the rest of the way)
The Bears won last night up in Lambeau Field for the fourth straight time. The previously 4-0 Packers were favorites, but I smelled an upset. Key points/comments:

-Griese really only made a few bad throws and made several really good throws. He hit Des Clark IN STRIDE for a touchdown, a play that would not have been a touchdown if Des has to stop for the ball. He also threw a great ball in pretty much the only place he could for Olson to score a touchdown. I tell ya, if he had been the QB since week 7 last year, we'd have another Super Bowl championship in this town and would probably be 4-1 right now.

-Cedric Benson is the real deal......real bad. He's terrible. He runs with no authority whatsoever. What did he have last night: 27 carries for less than 60 yards?!? That's terrible.

Before the season started I said Grossman would be benched after week 4 and Benson would be out with an injury by week 3. Grossman was benched and Benson PLAYS like he's hurt. Put in Peterson and Wolfe.

-The defense is doing what they can with a patchwork of players. Anthony Adams was running around like a madman filling in at DT. We were getting pressure from the front line and our DB's started covering in the second half.

-Tillman was outstanding. I ride him a lot, but he stepped up last night.
-Briggs, 16 tackles. 'nuff said.
-The Packers refused to kick to Devin Hester resulting in the Bears starting outside of their 35 on every single kickoff. He's huge even when he doesn't touch the ball!!!

2 comments:

alexis said...

ahhh, you can take the man outta Morningstar but you can't take the Morningstar outta the man... have fun in NM. PLEASE eat some green chile for me.

stef said...

Have fun in ABQ! I know you will be getting plenty to eat. ;)