Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Getting up earlier and earlier. "Damn it's dark at 7 a.m."

Yesterday I got up at 7 and this morning I was up at 6:30. At this rate, by next week, it will be pointless for me to even go to bed. Actually I'm already bailing on my morning meeting tomorrow so I don't have to be into the office until 10. When you're used to being somewhere by 10, having to get somewhere by 8 or 9 can really throw you off kilter. I know, I know, no one's crying for me. That's ok though.

Today the Fed cut their interest rate by 1/4 of a point. This did not cause a rise in oil to above $95, but it does have an impact on the price of oil. Here's an interesting, short article explaining how the rate cut impacts the price of oil. One interesting comment in the article though is that the price of oil already reflected the rate cut, which, since the cut was expected, seems logical. The drop in crude inventory is what compounded the impact on the price of oil. Interesting stuff.

This weekend the Patriots and the Colts will be playing each other in the game of the year so far. Two undefeated teams (both 7-0 I believe), both with Super Bowl aspirations. The Patriots are 5-9 to win the Super Bowl as the odds on favorite and the Colts are second at 5-2. The Bears by the way are now 50-1 after starting off the year at 6-1.

Anyway, the Patriots and Colts used to be in the same division and I heard on the radio today that they play so regularly now (in the playoffs because they both win so regularly and during the regular season because the NFL matches up division winners almost every year) that it's almost like a divisional rivalry again. So that got me to thinking: who is currently in the Colts division? That's my question to you. Don't cheat, but the answer is at the bottom of yesterday's entry. It actually took me about 5-10 minutes to come up with the teams....and I play fantasy football!!!

2 comments:

alexis said...

I saw the drop, but it's so small and expected I'm not anticipating a big impact in the market.

stef said...

I will shed a tear for you. but just one.