Wednesday, October 03, 2007

What we need is a Springfield Tire Dump!

With a nail in one tire, a chunk missing out of another one and 60,000 miles on them all, it was time to finally replace my five year old rubber friends. My Toyota dealership quoted me over $500 for a new set including valves, installation, balancing, etc. One fee it included was a tire tax as well as a city tire disposition fee. If we lived in Springfield (on the Simpsons) I'd just be able to take them down to the tire dump without any charge at all. Anyway, I ended up going to Just Tires instead as they were about $75 cheaper for the same tires.

The whole tire replacement trip was relatively uneventful, until my trip home. On the way back (coming south on Broadway), I stopped at a light next to a bus stop. As I was a little tired from the day, I leaned over the steering wheel to stretch my back and arms and glanced out the passenger window. There was a woman at the bus stop looking right at me (and only about 10' away or so). She gave me this shrug as if to say, "Should I get in?" Yikes!! I'd just been propositioned!!! Holy crap. I laughed out loud for a second and then caught myself because I didn't want to offend her (after all, hookers are people too). Fortunately the light changed and I didn't look her way again. Crazy.

Speaking of NOT crazy, I was over at MWrigley's last night where she masterfully cooked some chicken marsala for us with zucchini. It was really tasty. I contributed by buying a good portion of the ingredients. Funny story about that, I initially thought these cucumbers were actually zucchini. Thank goodness they were labeled. I fear I wouldn't have heard the end of THAT one!

Tomorrow, dinner with Ricardo and wife and MWrigley. Friday I'm off to Owensboro, KY for a huge, end-of-year softball tournament. Should be fun!!

8 comments:

alexis said...

wow, soooo much softball this year!

That's too funny about the hooker. Here it's so different, they're behind glass doors, looking at you just as much as you look at them sometimes. I agree on the sentiment that they are people too. I'm so glad my desk isn't in a glass cage with a big red light over it.

Anonymous said...

Oooo I'm jealous. Ricardo gets to meet MWrigley before I do.

stef said...

I guess I'm out of the loop on the MWrigley thing. But I am guessing a new ladyfriend?

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

Lots of softball this year! When the team does well, we travel even more. This is the last tournament of the year I think.

That's a funny thought about having your desk in a glass cage with a red light over it.

Yes Stef, MWrigley is indeed a new ladyfriend. Very promising.

Anonymous said...

Were you at Broadway and Wilson? We've had a ton of problems with prostitution in Buena Park and in the area north of us as of late. So creepy! I hope it doesn't continue. I also appreciated your "Sports section" memos from 10/1 - hee, hee.
-Katie

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

Actually I think I might have been south of there already Katie. Maybe north of Irving by a few blocks.

Always here to help my readers!

Anonymous said...

you are jealous El Supremo??? The family hasent even met her yet..like we are so bad...pffft...

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

Hey!! C'mon now Bee, it's been two weeks since our FIRST date. You know our family doesn't get met until months down the line. I don't want to scare her off. Hell, pop might still be wearing an eye patch just for fun.