Friday, October 05, 2007

Quick catch up entry

Thursday night, Ricardo, Ricardo's wife, MWrigley and I went to dinner at Fogo de Chao. None of my three guests (all celebrating recent or upcoming birthdays) had never been to a Brazilian style steak house before, so they didn't know the debauchery of meat they were in for. Actually, at Fogo, they have a great salad bar as well and you could easily fill up on just the vegetables and cheeses and such. But you don't, because you're going to have tons of meat. Our wine of choice was a malbec from Argentina which was pretty good. All of it was pretty darn tasty. Even though we were full to the gills, we decided to get the cheesecake with strawberrys and split it between the four of us. Our waiter, Raoul, knew we had birthdays though so he brought out a piece of Key Lime Pie as well, gratis.

The restaurant might not have been the best choice for me personally though. It'll be at least 12 days before I even get to SEE MWrigley again due to my traveling and then guests coming in the following weekend. A nice romantic place for the two of us would have been a better choice in retrospect, not to mention we might not have eaten so much and maybe not have felt like just going to sleep after dinner. Ugh. Anyway, absence makes the heart grow fonder right? No, that's bull shit. Absence at this stage of a relationship just plays on insecurities and takes away from getting to know each other even better.

Friday I headed off to Owensboro, a seven hour boring drive down I-57. We got there about two hours before our first game, which was another bad draw for us as the team we played had won this tournament within the last two years. Ugh. They whooped up on us and sent us to the losers bracket. To get to Sunday, we would have to win 8 games on Saturday. Yikes. We won our first game on Saturday 11-1, but lost the next game 9-8 after leading most of the game. We had some base running mistakes, errors in the field and four really bad calls by the umps that went against us. One of them involved me tagging out a sliding runner at second. He was out by so much that I just started heading off the field. The ump called him safe and I couldn't believe it!! After we all calmed down, the runner looked over at me at shortstop and mouthed that he was out. The bad part is, on judgment calls, you can't even complain to the tournament directors.....they won't listen. Like I said though, even though the umps cost us probably 4-5 runs, we also had some errors that would have taken the game out of the umpires' hands.

Soooo, today was another seven hour drive back. Ugh. Fourteen hours of driving in two days. Soooo tired right now. Off to bed.

4 comments:

alexis said...

woah woah woah woah- back up a minute here... MWrigley is someone you are DATING? As in female?

Anonymous said...

Yes, Alexis this is big news. You can email me on the side for the details.

In spite of not liking buffet type all you can eat restaurants I do like the Brazilian grill

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

It's only been two weeks Alexis, so dating might be a strong word. Saturday night date is not implied, and though we do communicate daily, I do not have any feminine products in my house yet, so according to Seinfeld, I do not have a girlfriend.

alexis said...

ah haaaaaah! I will email el supremo and get the scoop. I know if I ask you directly I'll get... well, ok, probably the straight facts, but it's sneakier (ergo funner) to ask others about it. :)