Thursday, October 11, 2007

Travel Day

Thursday was a travel day for me and a surprise visit with MWrigley upon my return. Originally it was going to be 12 days between seeing each other, but we were able to spend a nice day together on Sunday and then this evening as well. So now we're down to the next four days....which doesn't seem like much right? Joisey Ken will have to keep me occupied!

That's right, Joisey Ken is coming into town tomorrow and we have some kind of weekend planned. More on that later though.

To finish up my New Mexico entries, I need to discuss dinner at el supremo's abode and our hike. Of course, I forgot my camera, but Ricardo took a ton of pictures and has promised to send them to me. I'll post them promptly. Dinner was quite the event with various cheeses, wines, a meat paste spread (said that just to piss off el supremo with my lack of description), fresh squash from the garden, various sausages and sauerkraut and finally, another garden item, watermelon. It was all delicious and we ate wayyyy too much. Oh, I even prepared the squash!! Yep, lil 'ol me. We had acorn and butternut squash and I served them with a dressing of brown sugar, butter and raisins. Good eating. That was clearly the most nervous moment for me all week!!

This morning we woke up relatively early and hit a trail with which el supremo is very well acquainted. The mountain we were heading up had the sun rising just behind it, so it was in our face most of the time during the first hour. While this was inherently bothersome or warm, it did limit the amount of wildlife and floral viewing I could do because, well, the sun was right there in your face. Otherwise it was a great way to spend the morning and quite the workout. You really do use different leg muscles even than when you are running. I even ate a prickly pear seedpod, or at least part of it. Not bad. Very sweet.

Anyway, Ricardo seemed to come down with what I was fighting off the first half of the week and slept on the plane while I watched the movie 1408. I watched Vacancy on the way out to NM. Today's movie was much better, but both were watchable.

1 comment:

stef said...

Ah yes.I have been waiting to hear about the food. No doubt el supremo will be a bit more descriptive though. Good on you for cooking the squash though! Sounds delicious!