Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Surreptitious writing

Well, I made it to Albuquerque and am in all day meetings. In fact, I'm in a big meeting right now as I write this, but no one cares about what I think or what I'm doing, so I can write as necessary. Yes, it's stealth writing. Surreptitiously pecking away.

Yesterday I had two disturbing hair dryer experiences. Yes, the definitely thinning, nearly bald guy had two hair dryer experiences in the same day. The second incident occurred on the train on my way to the airport. These two young women, in their 20's probably, were standing near Ricardo and I. They seemed like high maintenance women, but then I saw confirmation of my suspicions. One of the women had this huge blow dryer in her purse/handbag. It was huge! Now, it was 4:00 in the afternoon, so this woman took her hair dryer to work just to make sure she looked a certain way throughout the day. Not for me thank you.

The other incident was truly disturbing. As I was going to be out of town most of the week, I wanted to get in a trip to the gym. So I rode my bike to the gym and hit the locker room real quick for a potty break. As I walk into the locker room, there's a guy whose butt naked except for a pair of bikini briefs right in the middle of the room and in front of a mirror. This dude had a hair dryer pointed down his briefs drying his nether regions. Good Lord. NOT something I wanted to see. Ugh.

Ok, people are looking at me for input on topics, so I better get back to my meeting!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hard to believe as we are working our ass off in the meeting to make the company a better place for mankind (peoplekind I guess if we include Top Gun L) and you're pecking away about blow drying nether regions.

I am so keeping taps on you tomorrow Mr. Elk.

alexis said...

maybe she also was going to the gym to dry nether regions... just had more nether to dry?

ho ho I wish I could write blogs during meetings!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for that mental picture Joe...jeebus!!! I may go blind...

I would change gyms if I were you!

stef said...

Wet pubes can make unsightly marks on tight pants I imagine.

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

I was concerned about the mental image, but at least you didn't experience it first hand!