Thursday, October 25, 2007

Dinner Report

Well, good news on the dinner front. The catfish turned out great!! The recipe called for pecans, but while at the Whole Paycheck, I realized that I wasn't sure I even LIKED pecans all that much. So instead of pecans, I used crushed pistachios which I already had at home. MWrigley had cornmeal, which I was going to substitute out for crumbs since I couldn't find them at WF, but that would have been a bad move on my part.




The side dish is my signature acorn squash with a brown sugar, butter and raisin sauce. Mmmmm was it good.

The wine was a Cabernet Sauvignon (70%) and Carmenere (30%) from Chile. It was pretty tasty.



(You can click on these pics to blow them up.)





As an appetizer, I bought some Dolmehs (rice and spices wrapped in grape leaves) and then made some Caprese, but added sliced Italian salami. Both were delicious.











Someone has to clean up right? Actually I think I was still cooking at this point.












The catfish was cooked at 500 degrees and I didn't flip it like I normally would. It came out really tender and tasty and fully cooked.

Post dinner was pool lessons for MWrigley. All in all, a good evening!

Tonight I'm hooking up with some ex-coworkers and heading up to Lincoln Square for dinner. We try to get together every couple of months just to catch up. Should provide good fodder for tomorrow's entry!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

The "Whole Paycheck" too funny,Too true. That's like referring Starbucks as "Four Bucks"

alexis said...

you do realize joe - this is a foodie entry. The catfish and pumpkin look FABULOUS. I may have to buy some this weekend I think.

stef said...

Wow Joe! A food post?! I love it! The catfish looks yummy!

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

Nooooooooo! Not a foodie post!! And Alexis, it's an acorn squash, but I know you're thinking of Halloween already.

Anonymous said...

No Joe would refer to this as a kitchen sports post or if he was cooking for a lady this might even fall under the foreplay category.

Anonymous said...

So - I read two blogs everyday. Your blog and Karyn's blog at http://prettyinthecity.blogspot.com/
Notice any similarities between the entries? The law of attraction at work again.

When can Dan and I come over for dinner and billards? That looked like fun and who knew you were such a great cook!
katie c.

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

Katie!! Of course we'll have you and Dan over. No promises that the food will be as good though. I'll do what I can.

Karyn's blog seems cool!

Anonymous said...

I'm afraid that by all definitions of the term this was definitely a foodie post. I'm afraid Lakeview between foodie posts (pictures for crying out loud!) and going to French restaurants, you might as well acknowledge that you've gone over to the dark side.