Friday, October 26, 2007

"I kicked him three times and he didn't move." Alternate Title: Another Frenchy Restaurant??

Yes, Amercian Lakeview Coffee Joe ended up at his THIRD Frenchy restaurant in the last month. Wow. Who would have thought? Fortunately my dad doesn't read my blog every day. Whew.

The first restaurant was Cafe Matou on Milwaukee and I went with Ricardo and el supremo. The food was quite tasty and, with the exception of the sommelier who I thought I might punch at any moment, the experience was very pleasant. Then, while in Albuquerque the group of us went to Le Cafe Miche. The food was again very, very good. So the odds of me going to a third Frenchy restaurant that actually had: 1) good food 2) reasonably priced 3) not girl portions; was slim and none. I was wrong.

Yeah that's right, I admitted I was wrong. Enjoy it.

So this restaurant was Bistro Campagne on north Lincoln in the Lincoln Square area of town. While not inexpensive ($20-$25 entrees and $7-$10 appetizers), it wasn't too bad. I had the French onion soup (couldn't help myself, I just love it) and then baked chicken over a mushroom sauce of some sort. It was a huge chunk of chicken and very, very good. All three entrees at the table were almost licked clean. Good stuff. Wine seemed expensive, so I went with beer.

Pictures to follow soon.

Ricardo went over to Dominick's yesterday to pick up lunch (I brought mine) and on the way back in he saw a guy passed out/unconscious on the sidewalk down the street a bit. After coming inside and telling me about it, he went back out to check on the guy. Apparently, in an effort to determine if he was sleeping/coherent/(un)conscious/dead, Ricardo kicked him three times to see what would happen. Garnering little response, he came back in and called 911 (and in Chicago I'm sure they love these calls). The police and an ambulance came fairly quickly. The three cops who should up first were just kind of standing around him as if to say, "I'm not going to touch him. You touch him. " "No sirree, I'm not going to touch him." Pretty comical. Won't know what happened to the guy, but at least Ricardo did something!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well done Ricardo. See having someone like Ricardo on the team has to have some kind of positive karmic balancing to the two of us.

Anonymous said...

I think I'm going with zombie on this one -- they live and walk among us.

alexis said...

perhaps the guy on the ground had just been to his FOURTH French restaurant. Lakeview, beware!

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

That's IT! I'm swearing off French restaurants now.