Sunday, October 28, 2007

Shopping and Tailgating

Saturday did indeed turn out to be a pretty sweet day. It started with me heading down to MWrigley's around 10 and we headed to brunch at Flo, where I had a chorizo scramble that was really tasty.

After eating our fill, we headed to Hoffman Estates to the new Cabela's store out there to find some warm tailgating clothes for MWrigley in case the weather on Sunday was as cool as the weathermen predicted.

On the way home, we stopped at Woodfield Mall to do some light shopping, or so I thought. We ended up and Nordstrom's where MWrigley displayed her shoe shopping fetish. Fortunately I had my Starbucks and a comfy chair, so I just sat back and watched. Though externally I was supportive, internally I was definitely happen when she passed on the $250 pair of European flats that the sales person brought out for her to try on in addition to her requested, more reasonable pair of Steve Madden's.

Once we got home (after a quick stop at White Castle for a snack to tide us over until dinner), we headed to Jewel and Whole Paycheck to get the ingredients for Sunday's tailgate. On the menu: the usual breakfast sandwich (English muffin, Candian bacon, cheese and egg), bacon wrapped barbecue shrimp, bacon wrapped figs, and cheese filled hot dogs topped with, for the first time, three-pepper three-meat chili. Yep, THREE kinds of meat: beef, Italian sausage and bacon. Mmmmmm, it was delicious.

Today started early with the extra stop to pick up MWrigley, which was only kind of on the way. As it turns out though, we got to the tailgate about 15 minutes earlier than I normally do. So at 9:15 a.m., we set up the grill, chairs and table. The weather was a little nippy(mid 50's), but not as cold as the weathermen predicted (mid 40's with a high of 51).

We started with the breakfast sandwiches (which were delicious) and then moved onto the bacon wrapped shrimp and figs. It's been a while since I've had the figs and damn were they good!! Wow! Since that was already a ton of food, we opted to hold off on the chili and chili dogs until after the game. When we finally cooked them up though, they were great too!






The group in our little corner of the Waldron Deck parking structure.











The ladies, Kleveland Kim and MWrigley. Not sure what they were talking about, but I'm sure it wasn't good for me!












Naperville Greg and me after the game as we wait for the chili to heat up.








I'm holding off on any discussion of the game as I'm wayyyyy too unhappy about it.

3 comments:

alexis said...

one of these days I need to be in town for a tail gate. I don't actually have to stay for the game, mind you, just the tailing.

Anonymous said...

...and MWrigley is finally unveiled pictorially...though disguised with shades.

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

You're always welcome to my tailgate! Actually anyone who reads my blog is welcome!!

MWrigley wasn't too keen on having her photo taken, but she acquiesced for the sake of the blog.