Thursday, October 04, 2007

The Passing of My Bagel Source

Had lunch today with dejesus freak after seeing him and JC (softball teammate) last night at a new bar called Brody's (it opened up where Twisted Spoke was on Roscoe and Clark). Always good to have a casual lunch with df, but we don't do it often enough. He's going back to school at Northwestern and is taking two classes currently.

One of the classes he is taking is sports sociology which is the same title of a class I started to take at U. of Ill. but had to drop because I couldn't follow what was going on. It was weird. The class was filled with football and basketball players (and other athletes) and I was clueless. It was like the professor was teaching some OTHER class that everyone else knew but me. In retrospect, it probably was the basics of some other class that they really had already taken....a nice way to get them passing grades. I dropped the class like a hot rock!!

On another food related note, Samuel's Deli, the nice Jewish deli around the corner from me, closed up shop just out of the blue! After asking around, it appears a new restaurant is going to open up with a bar attached. It's supposed to be nice, but we'll see. So to my relatives, my bagel source has dried up. Now I have absolutely nothing to bring on holidays.

The Cubbies lost last night and I was ticked about Zambrano being pulled after 6 innings. If the guy is on, and he was, let him pitch until he drops. Lou says he wanted to save him for game four, a game that isn't even guaranteed to occur!! A month ago they tried to pitch him on three days rest and he sucked, so now they pull him from a start so they can do it again! Ugh. Very frustrating. Need Ted Lilly to step up tonight.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

...and as Lou Pinella looked around him this morning, he thought he heard the theme from JAWS playing...
Three and out Joe...sorry

stef said...

You can always drive up to touhy and the NY Bagel and Bialy.....
I know i know. It's too far.

Anonymous said...

Stef is right NY Bagel and Bialy is a great source...and way far away. You didn't really expect the Cubs to win and go on did you?