Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Another busy day!

After starting off the day waiting for Manual Labor Mike so I could help install some closet doors (the 9 footers!), which we didn't do for one reason or another, I headed for the office. Ricardo and I have been ships passing in the night for most of the last three weeks, so it was good to catch up. You'll be relieved to know (as I was) that many GOOD things have transpired for Ricardo: his old computer hard drive has had almost all files recovered, his new drive is working like a champ and his house sale went through!! Yay for Ricardo!! Unfortunately his cell phone is still on the fritz and his building's developer is still on the lam, but the latter is a longer term problem. Still, some victories.

Work was busy in anticipation of me not being in the office and el supremo de NM coming out next week. Since I won't have much internet access, it means I need to have the schedule at least mostly solidified before I leave. Plus I had a bunch of documents to mail out including August invoices. It's all good though and I'm just awaiting one client's response.

Studied some more for the PA boating licensing exam (chapters 4,5 and 6). Tomorrow is the test exam and then the 75 question test. I need to do that before I hit the airport.....nothing like waiting until the last minute. If I pass (80%), I'll be able to print out a temporary permit. Whoo-hoo!! In my studies I found out that 1/3rd of boating fatalities involve alcohol. Unless there's a big bottle of beer going around to lakes and rivers whapping holes in boats, it's not a good statistic for me. Few people can say I'm irresponsible though, so I'm sure I'll be ok. If not, I'll definitely have my Type I Personal Flotation Device wrapped around me at all times!!!

No comments: