Sunday, July 22, 2007

Still gots the fever...but I feel a little better

After more than 10 hours of sleep, during which time I'm not sure I even moved, I wakened to find that I still had a fever of 100.3. Crap. Before I went to bed, my fever had gone down from 101 to 99.9. That was a huge difference in how I felt believe it or not. Seems like a minor fluctuation, but I felt a ton better. Today I actually feel pretty good, but can tell I have a fever.

The softball team went 2-2 yesterday. They won 10-0, lost 9-6, won 15-0 and lost 12-11 against a team we've beaten already this year, but we gave them 6 runs on the progressive penalty home-run rule (we hit three). If you told me would would give up 0,9,0 and 6 runs, I would tell you there was a 95% chance that we went 4-0. Instead, I'm at home resting instead of jeopardizing my vacation time next week by playing softball today....which I would have!

So my focus is on getting healthy today so I can golf in a Make-A-Wish charity outing tomorrow in Olympia Fields Country Club, home of the 2003 U.S. Open. After the event, I'm going to head towards my parents place in northern Michigan. I won't make it all the way, so I'm going to have to get a room probably in Grand Rapids. That will get me out of traffic Tuesday morning and make it a short trip to their place.

4 comments:

alexis said...

don't push yourself or you will just get worse! Fevers you just have to respect and let them run their course.

stef said...

I agree! you must respect the fever. Hope you are feeling better today...

Anonymous said...

Yet another pile on...you have serious softball responsibilities. Look what happens when you miss a weekend. Take care of yourself!

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

Thanks for the concern all. I've been keeping track of my temperature regularly and it seems to be 97.0. Does that seem odd? I'll check again tomorrow.