Sunday, July 08, 2007

Africa hot. Or outback Australia hot.

Yes it was hot and muggy today in Chicago. Africa hot. The other day on Man vs. Wild the guy in the show got dropped in the middle of the outback in Australia (the only continent with the same name as a country by the way). According to the show, it was like 110 degrees with 100% humidity. With that level of humidity, not only does it feel like 150 degrees, your sweat can't evaporate to help cool you. Virtual hell. Unlike the host, I could go to the refrigerator for cold beverage. He had to save and the drink his.....well.....bodily fluids. Ugh. Interesting series though, you should check it out.

It was so hot that lethargy settled in (though softball from yesterday contributed somewhat). In order to accomplish anything today, I set little goals and did small things: bought three much need door stops and installed one of them, collected up the garbage in the house, did some laundry, ironed, removed my old parking stickers and put on the new ones, went to Golfsmith and tested some new drivers. Actually not too bad a day really.

Yesterday, as I'm sure you know, was 7-7-07. In my delirious, heat-exhausted state today, I thought that if I were still dating my ex-girlfriend, we would be in our seventh year of dating. As I know now, she wanted to get married two years ago (though she had an odd way of showing it), so I wonder if we would have picked yesterday to get married if we were still together? Maybe I'm still delirious, but I'd put the odds at better than 50-50. So when people ask you on Monday what you did this weekend, you can say "I didn't go to Joe Sutton's wedding, which didn't happen but might have." :-)

Pictures of my neighborhood artwork follows. Tell me what you think it is. Tomorrow I'll include the name of the sculpture, which explains what it is.

5 comments:

stef said...

Is that sculpture new? I think it should be titled "Meep! Meep!".

alexis said...

It looks like a disco dancer to me.

Anonymous said...

I'm voting for Toucan Sam and his spaceship.

Anonymous said...

Looks liek an wleder/iron worker with his mask flipped up. Or one strange looking duck!

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

It is indeed a new sculpture stef. You'll see it tomorrow! I've heard the artist has been commissioned for five more for the chicagoland area, different sculptures, not all this one.

Ricardo and Bee.....all I can say is that I should have some of what you are smoking.

Alexis, you prove once again how culturally astute you are!!!! I looked at it for weeks and then one day it hit me....it's a dancer!