Monday, July 23, 2007

Whoa-a, I'm half way there...whoa-a, living on a prayer.

Got up this morning (even though I screwed up setting my alarm) feeling relatively ok. Left later than I wanted too, but I got to the golf course in plenty of time, especially considering that they closed their practice range TWO DAYS AGO!!! Nice. Playing one of the tougher courses in the Chicago area and no warmups.

Well we made do and I actually played well for the first 8-9 holes. Then I just got tired and my game off the tee fell apart. Unfortunately we weren't playing a scramble (where everyone hits, you take the best shot, everyone goes there and hits from there, repeat). Instead, everyone played their own ball and the two lowest net scores (we used handicaps) would be your group's total for that hole.

My buddy, Young Tim, who is really good, shot a 78 and just smoked putts from all over the green. He basically carried the team with the rest of us contributing when we could. I was the #2 guy for the first part, like I said, and the other guys split the rest. We ended up tied for first and won in a tie breaker!! Yay for us!! No trophy, but a bottle of wine. I also won the closest to the pin contest, beating one of my teammates by about a foot, to capture a free foursome at another golf course. Sweet!

I have pictures, but might have to wait until I return home to post them, depending on the setup my folks have at their cottage. Hell, I may be lucky to have internet access at all!!

3 comments:

alexis said...

I'm glad you're feeling better! Being sick is no fun at all, certainly not as much fun as..erm, golf. I guess.

stef said...

congrats! Another sports triumph!

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

C'mon Alexis! You KNOW golf is more fun than being sick....even if you play terrible!! Being sick is the worst.

Thanks Stef! At least one of the clan is my corner!