Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Africa hot again....and more rain!!

When my basement flooded the other week, I was sitting at Starbucks while the rain game dumping down and into my downstairs. It was a frustrating feeling because I needed to take my car to the dealer for repairs and I didn't want to get soaking wet and I kind of thought my basement might be having issues. Well, today I was at Starbucks again and down came the rain, again. It only came pouring down for about 15 minutes or so, unlike the last time when it was almost 45 minutes of solid "end of the world" rain. No water in the basement! Yay!!

Holy crap.....Conan O'Brien is on in HD on my 50" plasma.....good Lord is that a good picture. Wow.

Met Ricardo for pizza at Pequod's this evening (after the rain). If you haven't been there, the pizza is really good and they have Fat Tire beer on tap. Much happiness for Joe.

While my day ended well (pizza, beer and watching the All-Star game almost go into extra innings.....can I just say that I absolutely freaking love to watch Ichiro Suzuki play baseball?), it did not start off so hot. Manual Labor Mike was supposed to be at my house at 9:00 for a delivery of 9' solid oak two panel closet doors...not the lightest things in the world. Two people can easily carry them but they are a struggle for one guy. Well, of course, ML Mike was late and Menards had come and gone by the time he showed up. Really tried my patience this time. Fortunately the Menards guy needed to pick up the doors they dropped off last week which were the wrong size, so he had to come inside already (paying for delivery only gets it to the sidewalk, not in your house). We struck a deal so I helped him carry the old doors out and he helped me carry the new doors in. Damn MLM.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It beats my start to this a.m.

I've been MLM'd by the village of Villa Park. My house I am selling is in violation of certain codes (of course which passed when I bought it!) which now will cost me $1000-$2000 to get repaired. Of course, the inspector was the assistant and his boss is out with knee surgery. He says "I can't be sure the boss will agree with the violations so I would recommend to wait until the boss can look at it!" That's great, Mr. assistant, but I have a closing scheduled in 1 1/2 weeks!