Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Life is good again.

Sorry about missing my post yesterday. As I mentioned on Sunday, I was gone golfing all day from 6:30 a.m. until after midnight. We played 36 holes of golf and had a great time, but the course was about two hours away. Afterwards, we headed out to a favorite haunt for dinner and drinks.

Today was a bright sunshiny day (to steal a line from The Brady Bunch) and I was up relatively early after an exhausting day. I couldn't find my sunglasses, which made for a less pleasant walk to Starbucks. Upon my return, the search for my sunglasses began. After scouring the house, car, golf bag and laundry, I called the golf course to see if anyone turned them in.
"I have like 50 pairs of sunglasses between the pro shop and the lost and found. If you want to look through them, be my guest." said the less than helpful attendant.
But I'm in Chicago.
"I don't know what to tell you."
Great. I went back out to the car to check yet again to see if they had somehow escaped my initial search. Finding nothing in the trunk yet again, I was beginning to really feel unhappy. I like the glasses, but not only that, I had just recently ordered replacement lenses for the frame. Ugh. Then, in a stroke of common sense, I checked under the driver seat and there were the glasses!! My whole mood changed! One silly little thing like that changed my day around. Funny.

2 comments:

alexis said...

sort of like finding your keys in your purse... well, maybe that's a bad example for you to relate to..

Anonymous said...

Then again, maybe not.

It's not a purse -- it's European!!!