Friday, July 13, 2007

Off to Softball Tournament

Saturday morning is a softball tournament up in Salem, WI, just across the border from Antioch. We're going to have a pretty good team and it's only a six team tournament, so we should do well. We're looking to win it all and second is not really an option. Our first game is at 9 a.m. and the championship game is at 4:30 so while I'll sleep in a hotel on Friday, I'll be back in my own bed on Saturday night.

Last night I saw the new worst game show ever: Don't Forget the Lyrics, hosted by, of all freaking people, Wayne Brady. I'm not sure which was worse, the format of this lame-ass show or Wayne Brady pretending to be entertained by the contestants. Ugh. It was really, really horrible. The contestants do karaoke (with the words) for a song in a certain genre and then the lyrics just stop and they have to sing the next 10 words to the song. Sometimes Wayne gets involved too....it's just horrible. It's almost like a train wreck though, tough to take your eyes off of it.

A gorgeous day for traveling, so I'm off like a prom dress. Have a great weekend!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I expect a great on base average Mr. LVC or no signing that check.

alexis said...

good luck at the tournament! I refrain from competitions that don't involve drinking.

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

Thanks Alexis. Actually, much drinking IS involved: alcohol the day before and Gatordade the day of!

Looks bad for me el supremo.....