Monday, July 09, 2007

Where will Joe be??

Once last chance for your guess at the sculpture below. This view really helped solidify the subject matter for me:



It's a new piece called The Dancer. Really, I walked by this thing for three weeks before figuring out what the hell it was. Originally I thought it was a hideous, abstract Picasso-type piece.....yech. Nope, you tell me it's a dancer and now I love it!! That probably makes me culturally shallow.

Still Africa hot today, but some storms went through and cooled it off a bit. I guess on Wednesday it's supposed to be in the 70's for a high!! Whoo-hoo!!

Found out today my softball schedule could take me to these exotic places over the next two months: Joliet, Rockford, Sterling Heights Michigan, Lake Buena Vista Florida, Aurora Colorado, Salem Wisconsin and Owensboro Kentucky. Can't beat that with a big stick......um, ok...you could beat it. The Florida location is actually supposed to be nice and I've been all of the other cities except Aurora Colorado. They're no Vegas, but not terrible. Missing, ironically, is Indianapolis Indiana. Normally they hold a tournament that we need to play in or hold the finals. Apparently this year that is not the case. I like mixing it up with my redneck brethren!!

3 comments:

stef said...

OK. I guess I get it. It still looks vaguely road runnerish to me. I'll have to see what my impressions are when I see it in person.

Anonymous said...

Personally from this angle it looks like Stef's chicken on a spit.

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

You might be right el supremo...I see trussing.