Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Time Travel Paradox

I was reading the comics last night before bed, like I always do, and there was a reference to a time travel paradox. The concept in the comic was that if you could time travel to undue a mistake in the past, you would undue the mistake and, along with the act, the memory of it. Without the memory of it, you would make the same mistake again. This is something I've espoused for some time: if you had to do it all over again, you would do everything the same way because at any point in time you do what you think at that moment is the best thing to do given your knowledge and set of circumstances. You don't consciously make bad decisions, you make decisions that turn out badly. No where else to go with that topic; I just thought it was interesting.

Tomorrow I'm going golfing with Principal Chris out in Silvis, IL at The TPC at Deere Run. There is a huge golf tournament there (it was two weeks ago I think) so Chris and I go play it every year. After 36 holes, at least last year, we went out for ribs and then malts at some local haunts that Chris knows (he used to live there). Should be a good day, but it means I have to go sleep over at his house tonight so we can leave by 7 a.m. Hopefully his lovely wife won't mind!!
My golf trip means that I may not have a post tomorrow. If not, I'll have pictures for Friday.

****update on Ricardo: Things are looking up. The city he was dealing with actually tried to help him out so it looks like he's going to be able to close on the sale of the property. His phone replacement arrived so he's up and mobile. The Geek Squad is working on his new hard drive installation on his pc. His old drive has been sent out for recovery. In a sense, Ricardo is being recovered too!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad things are looking up for our friend Ricardo. Golf thee well.

alexis said...

that is a lot of golf, tja!

stef said...

very profound post lakeview. Well the first paragraph was anyway...;)

Anonymous said...

My fancy dance moves will get me out from under this cloud! Until then...

I hope El Supremo de photographie can mask my strained look!

Did I mention that we had a leak from our roof after last nights rain?

Ha, ha, ha, ha.....That's all I can do....

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

Oh Ricardo....when it rains, it pours...literally.

It was a lot of golf and I did ok. It was tough to not have fun given the company and the setting!