Thursday, July 05, 2007

Early to bed for me tonight!

I was a little tired today, but had just a crap load of things to do. Part of the reason I was tired was that yesterday Menards called at 6:30 a.m. to schedule delivery of some custom made closet doors (nothing fancy, just abnormally tall). Yes, they were actually making deliveries on the 4th of July. They called several times in the morning actually, until they woke me up, but anyone calling before 9 gets pretty much the same treatment; me ignoring them. The interruption in my sleep was not appreciated though and made me tired all day.....plus after I did get up and got the messages, having to deal with the delivery people and making them realize that the delivery was actually supposed to happen today was also exhausting.

So today they brought the doors, but didn't call until they were about 10 minutes away. Nice warning. Again, I was in bed, but was expecting their call this time, so I turned my phone on the night before. They dropped off the doors (outside, as the $40 delivery doesn't include moving anything inside) and after Manual Labor Mike got there to help, we moved these beasts inside. Unfortunately, they were the wrong doors!!! They made them each 12" wide instead of 18" wide. Great. Custom ordered doors that have to be reordered. Another phone call to Menards....ugh. Finally got it straightened out and hopefully the doors will be redelivered next week.

That was all followed by an hour+ long conference call. Then a laundry list of other tasks for the day. Actually I made much progress, as did Manual Labor Mike since he was up and over at my place hours before he normally arrives.

My neighbors actually asked me who I got to rip up my carpeting and padding. I said "Me." Now, these folks have two kids: a girl in college and a boy in high school. Are you telling me that they can't do this work? Shit, my folks had me in the crawl space digging a trench for a sump-pump during the John Wayne Gacy murder discoveries....and I was like 12 or something. C'mon, they can't rip up some carpeting? How spoiled can you get?

Maybe I'm just a little grumpy from being tired.

No matter how tired I am though, I would be able to answer this question from Are You Smarter Than a Fifth Grader?: Which continent has the same name as a country? This question was for $200,000 (moving her from $300,000 up to $500,000 and a chance at a million dollars). So what does she say? "Well......uh......um......there's North America....that's a country. South America....that's a country. Asia, Europe, Arctic, Antarctic and......Australia. I guess all of them are country names." Unfreakin' believable. She SAYS THE ANSWER and still fucks it up. That's so sad. At least she was smart enough to know she didn't know the answer and take her $300k and went home. Are we allowed to shoot stupid people yet?

3 comments:

stef said...

Interrupted sleep is no fun for anyone. Particularly those who sleep late EVERY DAY.

Anonymous said...

When it comes to geography, I'd say most Americans are pretty stupid. Say maybe I'll bone up on geography analogies!

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

Hey wait stef!! I don't sleep late every day!! I get up around 7 or 7:30 depending on what I have going on. That's later than most people, but it's not like I sleep in until 10!

Geographic analogies.....I might understand those!!