Friday, July 06, 2007

Sooooo Full

Actually made an interesting realization today regarding a new piece of art in my neighborhood. Once I get some pictures, I'll post them and discuss my realization. Hopefully tomorrow or Sunday.

dejesus freak and I went to dinner at a Mexican place around the corner from me that I've walked by a thousand times yet never ventured in to. While sitting at the Starbucks across the street with some Buckies*, the restaurant was given high marks as far as Mexican places go. While the chips and salsa were good, little else was truly tasty. The chili rellenos was actually chopped up peppers and meat stuffed inside some flat, fried dough. Really not appealing. Actually, while the rest of the food was decent, it wasn't anything to write home about (or on a blog really). Yet, I managed to eat a good chunk of it and was completely stuffed (mostly on chips and salsa I fear). After dinner we went to a local pub and were both barely able to drink one beer before having to call it a bloated night.

Before going home though, we took a hike around Wrigley where Sting was playing in front of a huge crowd of 40,000+. Outside the stadium and at the surrounding establishments within earshot, there were several thousand other fans hanging around. It was decent people watching, but we were both so freakin' full, we were just trying to walk off the bloated feeling in hopes of going back to the bar. No such luck.

Softball tournament on Saturday and Sunday, which means only 2 or 3 games on Saturday with Sunday's games (if any) based on how we do. Again we have an undermanned team due to conflicts and this tournament is supposed to be pretty competitive, so if we win any games at all I'll be amazed.

*Buckies are people that hang out at Starbucks while drinking their coffee and reading the paper. You have to do this almost daily to be a Bucky.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I still have to get used to the fact that every time I see you, it ends up in print!

Seriously, though, those chile rellenos were absolutely brutal. The other stuff I had, though a bit bland, wasn't all that bad. Both Joe and I had samplers, and the small strip of steak that went with mine was actually pretty good.

Oh, and you didn't have as many chips and salsa as I did, though you did finish your dinner first. I don't think it was the chips that filled us up.

The funny thing was that about an hour after we called it a night and I was home watching TV, my best friend from law school called me -- he and his wife went to the concert and were at the Irish Oak! I hadn't seen or heard from them in about 6 years, so it was great meeting up. The last time I saw them, they lived in a townhouse west of the Kennedy -- now they have 2 kids and live in Palatine. Nevertheless, both look them look just like they did when I first met them 15 years ago. We have far more catching up that could've been done in the hour that we were together, though.

Anyway, this is your blog, not mine. I had a nice time last night.

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

Of course it does df! Nothing else goes on in my life!! Glad you could recover and go back out. I was useless.