Monday, July 16, 2007

Do you Dew?

Without a young lady to go with, I haven't seen many movies recently. Today I looked on Metromix to see where Spiderman 3 was showing as I thought it might be good to see on the big screen. Unfortunately, it doesn't appear to be showing anywhere. Am I THAT far behind on things? Don't big time movies stay around for a while? Maybe it's been longer than I thought. Anyone know where Raging Bull is playing?

On my Lean Cuisine that I had for dinner, I noticed that it said "With 30% more food". Ok, even if it's lower calorie food, is this really sending the right message? I'm not sure, but I'm going to look and see if they have a meal with Doritos.....hopefully cool ranch!

Here's an interesting link to something that I read about in the paper: Dew Point. From that page I pulled what I thought was a useful nugget: The dew point is associated with relative humidity. A high relative humidity indicates that the dew point is closer to the current air temperature. If the relative humidity is 100%, the dew point is equal to the current temperature. Given a constant dew point, an increase in temperature will lead to a decrease in relative humidity. It is for this reason that equatorial climates can have low relative humidity, yet still feel humid.

Humans tend to react with discomfort to high dew points. Those accustomed to continental climates often begin to feel uncomfortable when the dew point reaches between 15 and 20 °C (59 to 68 °F). Most inhabitants of these areas will consider dew points above 21 °C (70 °F) to be oppressive.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Going from babes barring boobs to dew point analysis almost freezes the mind with its incongruity.

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

Sometimes I'm even an enigma to me.

Anonymous said...

How you dewing? Are you dewing life or is life dewing you?