Saturday, July 21, 2007

I've got the fever.

It hit me about 9:00 on Friday night, started as a small chill and then blossomed into a full on fever. Though it was the middle of July, I had socks on, pajama bottoms, two shirts and a sweatshirt AND I was laying underneath an Afghan blanket. When I went to bed, I kept it all on and even moved the Afghan to my bed. That seemed to help, but within the first hour of sleep, I had to change my clothes because of all the sweat. That would happen again one more time during the night.

I'm not sure what my temperature topped out at originally, but this morning it hit 101 several times. That of course ruled out me playing softball today: a beautiful day and a state tournament. Damnit. Hopefully tomorrow I'll be better and can play the second half of the tournament, if we're still in it.

Can't really think straight, so that's all I have to offer today.

1 comment:

alexis said...

oh no!!! Drink lots of water, LOTS of water, and soup, and rest!!