Sunday, April 12, 2009

Happy Easter!!

Hope you all had a wonderful Easter!! Lent is over and it's time to celebrate!!! Whoop-whoop!!

First I'm going to catch up on my car situation. While I had a long dent down both doors on the passenger side, the bumper was also all scratched up due to years of parking on the street and one accident where a moving truck hit a car into my bumper. The body work guy I went to, Mario, was recommended by my mechanic, Dave (thanks Stef!). The deductible was only $100, but I don't have rental car replacement insurance, so I had to pay for that for 4 days. In retrospect, I could have done without the rental.





Anyway, look at the rear bumper!! It's like it came off the factory line!! Awesome. Sure, it won't last long, but at least it looks great for now.











Here's what GF got me for Easter!! Her mom made the chocolate covered chocolate cake eggs (that's a LOT of chocolate) and an Easter basket of candy. Yay for me!! My folks also got me a solid milk chocolate rabbit from a place in Altoona P.A. I'm looking forward to eating that as well.













Speaking of the folks, here they are!! Nice pic and great hosts!! (not to mention great parents!!!)













The early table setting. Paper plates again.....I'm concerned at this point.....











The table loaded up with: Honey Baked Ham (thanks Bee!!), creamed corn, potato salad, regular salad, beets and apple sauce. I was stuffed.









The auction items on display. We had good fun with the auction and even though I ended up with $100 in play money left, I also had a nice baking pan with a tight plastic cover and a pan I can use for grilling. Clearly these items were more than the regular $5 items. Saaaaaweeeeeet. I made out like a bandit.





While I don't have pictures from the Easter egg hunt against my now 9 year old neice, I can tell you that I regained the egg hunting crown!!! 18 eggs were hidden and I found 11 of them, though my sister Sue stole one from my basket, tossed it to her husband who then gave it to my neice, so the final tally was 10-8. Still, a W is a W!!! The family fought me valiantly, almost forcing me into a tree at one point, but I prevailed.

Things I'm grateful for:
#122 my body shop guy, Mario. What a great job he did. Sure, he got paid by the insurance company, but he's very detail oriented....pardon the pun.
#123 Easter egg hunts. Good fun.
#124 Easter Sunday, the holiest of days for my religion.

4 comments:

Bee said...

that easter egg hunt just makes me giggle every year...I wonder what the neighbors think looking out of their windows...ROFL...

stef said...

Sounds like a great holiday.

terri said...

Paper plates are common at our family functions, although at the in-laws, they're all about the fine china, so it all evens out.

I am a little concerned at your glee over winning an Easter egg hunt against a 9-year old, LOL!

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

If only it were just me against my niece!! Nope, my entire family tries to stop me. All in good fun.

Regarding the paper plates, I actually DON'T want good china either. Just normal plates.....and then for us to use the dishwasher. Sigh......a guy can dream.