Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Gettin' out of work

Tonight I went to the Black Hawks game, which they lost in a shoot out, so now I'm 1-2 for Black Hawks games this year. On a positive note, it was a good game and it was my first shoot out that I've seen in person. Attending with me were TZ, Billy the Bear and Aussie Rick. We met at Twisted Spoke before the game for some grub and beer, both of which were pretty good. When we got to the game, eating was completely out and we just drank.

So I left at about 4:45 to meet Billy at the train. He left work early, which made me start to think: was he going to enjoy the evening MORE than me simply because he got out of work early? Leaving work early is always fun right? Doesn't it give you a leg up on someone who, say, has a more flexible work schedule? And what about Aussie Rick who was going to meet us near 6:00, but then was there with a beer down and another underway before we even got there? He left work early unexpectedly. Is that even better than Billy? Just the kind of crazy shit I think about.

Topics that came up at the game: it's BATED breath, not baited breath. They believe the term comes from "abated breath". Chick peas and garbanzo beans are indeed the same thing and are used for hummus. And a dunnie is indeed the Australian word for toilet. We did not determine the origins of the word prior to the game starting.

On a completely unrelated note, the blue toilet disc has finally dissolved completely in my tank pipes and is gone. I've started to drop the discs in the other side of the tank, away from the flapper opening, in order to prevent such a tragedy from happening again.

1 comment:

terri said...

Clearly, I need to read back further into your archives so I can find out exactly what kind of tragedy happens in a toilet with a blue disc.