Monday, June 30, 2008

If you don't practice, you don't get better.

Last week with el supremo in town meant that I didn't have much time to practice. Throw in a Cubs game Wednesday, a date on Thursday, softball practice and the Cubs/Sox game on Saturday and finally the Pride parade on Sunday.....and there's not much time for practicing the guitar. So guess who sucked ASS in class tonight? Yeah, that would be me. Thanks el supremo. I blame you. BTW, I'm trying to play Wonderful Tonight, by Eric Clapton. Great song....played by people other than me.

For no particular reason, I decided to track the history of my Blue Cross, Blue Shield monthly premiums. For tax purposes, since I'm self employed, the premiums are deductible so I keep close tabs on them. Here's what they've been:

2003

$282

2004

$305

2005

$327

2006

$425

2007

$448

2008

$504


Is it me or does that seem excessive? Anyone got a good plan? My deductible is pretty low, $250 I think, and I can go to just about any doctor. Thoughts?

And if you missed it, the wonderful Amy Freeze from Fox News (the weather bunny!) commented again on my parade pictures entry. Good stuff. I'm thinking I like the "weather bunny" label. Amy, your thoughts? Weather chick? Weather gal? You're not going to get away with a label that's too flattering...just FYI!

9 comments:

stef said...

OMG! That is so awesome that Amy freeze commented on your blog. It's legit for sure?

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

Whoops, made a mistake on that comment.

Yep, I think it's legit Stef. DJF doesn't believe it's her though.

Ken said...

I'm on a friends plan who employs about 15 people,my monthly payment here in the Garden State is over $600! I might have to move to Illinois!

Anonymous said...

This isn't me.

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

I think THAT amy freeze was DJF being a bastard. The other post, from the parade, was consistent with her other posts though.

Anonymous said...

Have you looked into a plan tied to a Health Savings Account. Wife and I are on a plan that is only a couple of hundred more per month (for two of us) that ties in the HSA that also gives us a vehicle for tax deferred savings.

Anonymous said...

Busted.

Anonymous said...

JOE - sorry i was on vacation for a week and it's been hectic catching up!!! it's totally me! the real me... lol... as for labels... queen of all weather sounds good.... but i'll answer to the others as well... enjoy the gorgeous day! my blog isn't as riveting as yours but it's up on MyFoxChicago.com
- the real freeze
amy.freeze@foxtv.com