Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Cringing

On Yahoo! yesterday, there was a link with photographs naming "Famous people who make you cringe". Some of them I can understand: Dina Lohan, Gordon Ramsay, the Burger King mascot and Dick Cheney.

But these actor/athletes/musicians don't make sense to me: Roger Clemens, Paris Hilton, Kanye West, Lindsay Lohan, Regis Philbin, Lou Dobbs and Tom Cruise. Now, do I LIKE these people? Not necessarily, though I have no issues with Regis or Lou and Paris and Lindsay certainly don't make me cringe to look at them.

Then they threw in these people too, all of which are just bewildering to me! Ann Coulter, Ralph Nader, Sean Penn, George Stephanopoulos. I have a feeling they just put them on for political reasons. I then had a discussion with members of The Podolny Group regarding the attractiveness of Ann Coulter. Ricardo finds her generally disgusting, but I think she's pretty hot! I wouldn't talk politics with her.....we'd just speak the language of love!

Random list of the week: Movies from 2008 that I want to see.

In the theater:
Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
Wanted
Hellboy II: The Golden Army
The Dark Knight

Will wait for video:
Get Smart
The Happening
The Love Guru
Iron Man
You don't mess with the Zohan
Hancock
Sex and the City
Kung Fu Panda
Jumper
Drillbit Taylor
Forgetting Sarah Marshall
What happens in Vegas....
Vantage Point

5 comments:

stef said...

I cannot believe WALL-E is not on your list.

I would say the cringe-worthy factor comes from the fact that all of the people mentioned have a reputation of saying things in public and on record that would make other people cringe. I'm sure a quick google search could find quotes easily.

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

Ohhh, that would make sense Stef! Things they say versus the way they look. Gotcha.

Anonymous said...

Where's Mama Mia?

Lakeview Coffee Joe said...

Only if you'll go with me DB!!

Anonymous said...

Vantage Point was an annoying suck fest that had people in the theatre moaning after 45 minutes.

Forgetting Sarah Marshall, OTOH, is pretty funny.