Thursday, July 17, 2008

Final wedding entry

Last little bit about the wedding last weekend, but no pictures. After the band quit at around 12:30, there was a shuttle back to the hotel where Ken and Dawn sacrificed their bridal suite for the benefit of the party. They swapped the suite with some wedding goers and we used the suite until about 4 a.m. Interestingly enough, earlier in the day, Ken and I were talking about him giving up the suite and he said he didn't think he could stay up with us until 4 in the morning. I told him I've only ever stayed up until 4 when I was in Vegas and that required Red Bull and vodka. Here it was, 4 a.m. and I was still pretty awake!!!

We went to the mall on Saturday as Ken decided last minute that he should get Dawn some kind of wedding gift. I didn't suggest it or dissuade him until I found out that she got him a new golfing driver the week before when they did their church vows. Then it was a no-brainer. So off to the mall we went and kens idea was to get a her a new IPod. The Apple store was absolutely insane!! There must have been 300+ people WAITING IN LINE OUT IN THE MALL just to get into the store to evaluate buying a new IPhone. So we were allowed to stand in a much sorter line (5 people I think) and were called in when a non-IPhone salesperson freed up. It was insane. In case you were wondering, Apple stock price was around 40 in January 2005 and is currently at 171. Even last year in January it was at 100....still not a bad return.

No comments: